Director Of Public Relations And Linkages
Mr. Ben Reason
Welcome to the official web page of the Directorate of Public Relations and Linkages, Maasai Mara University, Narok County, Kenya. This Directorate is mandated to enhance our corporate image and brand through programmed communication. Additionally, we pursue strategic linkages and collaborations with industry, local and international universities, research institutes, international organizations and the community for the advancement of areas of mutual interest anchored on the mission and vision of the University.
More than ever, Public Relations activities publicizes the University, enhances visibility, and manages stakeholder’s expectations. We embrace digital marketing and communications to achieve this. The Directorate produces and shares innovative, authentic and quality content that directly reaches to prospective students, guardians, partners and stakeholders hence promoting Maasai Mara University brand. Additionally, we continue to produce informative videos that are often uploaded and shared via official University accounts on various social media platforms or even shared directly with prospective partners/collaborators. The Directorate has also facilitates livestreaming of events and interviews with strategic stakeholders as part of programmed communication.
We actively interact and engage with online audiences through Facebook, YouTube and most specifically Twitter. Through these channels, we complement marketing engagements with the mainstream media.
Linkages bridge the gap between the University and the other institution, organisations, and industries through networking and collaborations. Local, Regional, and International communities are connected through this office to enable the University to have an indelible footprint in research, education, community service, and development through a global multi-sectoral approach.
The directorate advances ideas, goals, information, and explores areas of mutual interest with partners through multilateral and bilateral Memoranda of Understandings (MOUs) tailored to achieve the University’s core mandates nationally and internationally. The Directorate has steered signing of various Memoranda of Understandings that focuses on infrastructure development, academic exchange and cooperation in areas of mutual interest. We have also reached out to strategic partners towards the establishment of Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Protected and Conservation Area Management. The Centre is envisioned to be a training, research and information centre for protected and conservation area management. The Directorate envisages Maasai Mara University’s global recognition through internationalization.
Activities and Scope
- Development of partnership agreements and project proposals
- Linkages, coordination and management of exchange programmes: students and staff
- Protocol duties and event management: Marketing, seminars, conferences, Shows and Exhibitions, fairs, Visitations to affiliate institutions and benchmarking
- Community outreaches and engagements
- Community development programmes, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and mentorship
- Drafting, Publications, and transmission of information for example University Magazines and news updates
- Liaison and networking
- Joint research and publications
- Media Liaison, events coverage, video/photography and documentaries
- Crisis Management Communication
- Dissemination of the University Academic programmes