“Committed to provide, timely, leading client-centred information resources and services”
A digital library is a library in which a significant proportion of the resources are available in electronic format (as opposed to print or microform), accessible by means of computers. The digital content may be locally held or accessed remotely via computer networks. Digital libraries provide students with unlimited resources of knowledge extending and enhancing the physical library of a University.
The Library welcomes any suggestions that help to improve Library services. Users may submit their constructive ideas via library email or the complaint register.
Students and staff of the University can use the University ID cards to enter the Maasai Mara University library. University ID cards and Library fines are not transferable.
Overdue and Losses
Borrowers are responsible for returning their loans on or before the due date. Late return of Library materials is subject to an overdue fine and the amount of which is specified in the Library Regulations. For lost or damaged items, borrowers are liable for the cost of replacement plus the shipping and/ or processing fees.
Library shelf guide
A -- General Works
B -- Philosophy. Psychology. Religion
C -- Auxiliary Sciences of History
D -- World History (Except America)
E -- American History
F -- History of The Americas
G -- Geography. Anthropology. Recreation
H -- Social Sciences
J -- Political Science
K -- Law
L -- Education
M -- Music and Books on Music
N -- Fine Arts
P -- Language and Literature
Q -- Science
R -- Medicine
S -- Agriculture
T -- Technology
U -- Military Science
V -- Naval Science
Z -- Bibliography. Library Science
Borrowing and renewing services
All information resources are borrowed at the circulation desk.
- The right to borrow from the library is accorded to registered members.
- No library material is taken out of the library unless it has been officially issued.
- The person in whose name a library item is issued is solely responsible for returning it.
- The Librarian has the right to recall any item on loan.
- A person may reserve an item that is out on loan. However, a patron may be allowed to renew a borrowed item once.
- Information resources which are not available in the library can be obtained through interlibrary loan once requests are made to the circulation librarian. The use of such items will be subject to policies in place.
- Undergraduate students and postgraduate students may borrow 4 books, teaching staff and senior administrative staff 8 books and other staff 4 books.
- Reserve / short loan books are issued for 24 hours.
- The loan period for long term books for students is two weeks, and one month for members of staff and postgraduate students.
- Loaned items can only be renewed once.
- Users are prohibited from re-shelving materials used within the library. Materials used shall be left on the table.
- Any borrower who fails to return or renew a library item on the due date shall be charged a fine at Ksh. 5 per day for long loan materials.
- Any borrower who fails to return library items to short loan collection at the specified time shall be charged Ksh. 20 per day.
- Loss of borrowed library resources must be reported immediately to the University Librarian or library staff.
- Users who lose library items will be required to pay the current cost of the item plus 50% administrative fee.