Journals & Publications
Areas of specialization
- Electronics, optical fiber communication and laser physics
- 2015-2019: Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering –Ruhr Universität Bochum
- Title of research: Interaction of terahertz radiations with semiconductor lasers
- 2007-2010: Master of Science (physics) – Egerton University.
- Thesis Title: “The effects of temperature variations, pressure, and bends on the quality of the output signal generated by continuous wave (CW) laser in single-mode optical fiber cable”
- 2002-2007: Bachelor of Science (Second class honors upper Division) – Egerton University.
- 1997-2000: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education-KCSE B (plain) – Suneka secondary school.
- 1988-1996: Kenya Certificate of Primary Education-KCPE 430 marks- Itierio Primary School.
Employment/ Work Experience
- (July2015– June 2019) -Research assistant – Photonic and Terahertz Technology Research group of Prof Dr. Martin Hoffman, Ruhr Universtät Bochum.
Honors & Awards
- Joint Kenya-DAAD scholarship for young researchers Ph.D. training in Germany
- IEEE student member and IEEE(photonic society), SPIE student member, Optical Society of America( student member)
- LASERS, OPTICAL FIBERS, AND TERAHERTZ TECHNOLOGY
Current Research Interest
- Development of low-cost novel terahertz system for industrial application
- Near-Infrared Diode Laser THz Systems Carsten Brenner, Yinghui Hu, Jared Ombiro Gwaro, Nils Surkamp, Benjamin Döpke, Martin R. Hofmann, B. Kani, A. Stöhr, B. Sumpf, A. Klehr, J. Fricke – Adv. Radio Sci., Volume 16, 2018
- Compact continuous-wave THz source based on monolithic two-color laser diode Jared O. Gwaro, Carsten Brenner, Bernd Sumpf, Andreas Klehr, Jörg Fricke and Martin R.Hofmann, Proc. SPIE 10684, Nonlinear Optics and its Applications 2018, 106841Y (14 May 2018).
- Terahertz frequency generation with monolithically integrated dual-wavelength Distributed Bragg Reflector semiconductor laser diode. Jared O. Gwaro, Carsten Brenner, Bernd Sumpf, Andreas Klehr, Jörg Fricke and Martin R.Hofmann, IET ptoelectronics special issue, Volume: 11, Issue: 2, 49 -52, 2017.
- Terahertz wave generation from dual-wavelength monolithic integrated Distributed Bragg Reflector semiconductor laser diode. Jared O. Gwaro, Carsten Brenner, Bernd Sumpf, Andreas Klehr, Jörg Fricke and Martin R.Hofmann, ISBN 978-3-9812668-7-0. © IMATech e.V. Ratingen, Germany. GeMiC 2016, March 14–16, 2016, Bochum, Germany
- Gwaro, J.O., Maera, J, Kirui, M.S.K, and Chombah, J.M., Factors Contributing to The Rapid Growth of Kenyan Optical Fiber Network Infrastructure, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.13 No.5, May 2013
- Chombah J.M, Gwaro J.O, Maweu O.M, Kirui M.S.K, Nyaaga D.M. (2011). Coefficient of optical signal in multi-mode (Graded. Index) 50/125????m cable at a common frequency. International journal of physical Sciences. Vol 3, No. 1 (1-7)
- Gwaro J.O, Maweu O.M, Kirui M.S.K. (2010). Attenuation Losses Due to Changes in Curvature, Temperature, and Pressure in Optical Fiber Cables. Indonesian Journal of Physics, Vol.21 No.4 (93-99)
- Gwaro J.O, Maweu O.M, Kirui M.S.K. (2009). The effect of pressure on the quality of the output signal generated by Laser on single-mode optical fiber. International Journal of Engineering Science. Vol 1 No.2 (31-34)
- Interaction of Terahertz Radiation with Semiconductor Lasers, Ph.D. Dissertation, Ruhr Universität Bochum, Publisher: Cuvillier Verlag,126,2019
- Gwaro J O, Onesmus M Maweu, Msk Kirui, Factors affecting signal quality in single-mode optical fiber, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing,2014
- The effects of temperature variations, pressure, and bends on the quality of the output signal generated by continuous wave (CW) laser in single-mode optical fiber cable, MSc Thesis, Egerton University, December 2009