Profile, Journals & Publications
Tutorial fellow: Maasai Mara University. Feb 2015 – Date.
- Courses taught: Hotel Economics, Front Office Management, Event Management, Seminars, and Contemporary Issues and Equipment planning and management.
Part-time lecturer- Rongo University College. Sep 2014 – Dec 2014
- Courses taught: Computer Application in Hospitality, Introduction to Hotel Economics, Tourism Economics, and Service Operations Management.
Diploma Lecturer. Moi University. Jan 2012 – Dec 2014.
- Courses Taught: Computer application in hospitality, research methods, project work, communication and presentation skills, ICT use in events management, and events budgeting and control, events budgeting and fundraising.
African International College, Kenya. Mar 2013 – Mar 2014
- Courses taught: ICM; hospitality management, fundamentals of food and beverage management, restaurant management, housekeeping University of Eldoret: consumer behavior, restaurant management, food and beverage management, accommodation, facility management
- Worldwide Institute of Hospitality Management. Jun 2011 – Sep 2012
Responsibilities: Head of the discipline, IT manager. Courses Taught: KNEC courses; social studies, property management, front office operations, entrepreneurship, ICT, fundamentals of tourism, management information systems, human resource management
- ICT Technician. Hotel Horizon and Hotel Comfy and lodge Eldoret. July 2013 – August 201. Networking and Wi-Fi installation, system administrator and maintenance general hardware and software maintenance.
- Sarova Mara game camp. Industrial training. May 2010 – Jul 2010
Hands-on experience in the kitchen department, front office, bar and restaurant, housekeeping, bush dinner, and breakfast.
- Tsavo Park Hotels Limited: Ngulia Bandas. Industrial Training. May 2009 – Jul 2009
Gained a hands-onexperience in all the departments.
- Moi University, Masters; Master of Philosophy in Hospitality Management, Sep 2011 – Present
Submitted final document for marking and awaiting final defense of the thesis.
- Moi University, Bachelors; BSc. Hotels and Hospitality Management, Oct 2007 – May 2011
Second class honors (upper division)
- Utumishi Academy, High School, K.C.S.E, Feb 2002 – Nov 2005
B+ 72 points
- Ranges View Academy, Jan 1997 – Nov 2001
- Computer proficient – Introduction to computer repairs and maintenance, networking, MSWord, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SPSS (Statistical Package for Social Scientists).
- Personal attributes – A team player with excellent communication skills with good influencing and persuading skills. Critical thinking, attention to details, achievement-driven, pragmatic and innovative.
Publications and conferences
- Muraya Moses, Korir Jacqueline, & Kimeli John K, EFFECTS OF FRAUD AND FORGERIES ON PERFORMANCE OF HOTELS IN NAIROBI KENYA.International Journal of Research, 2012.
- Presented a paper at Atlas Conference Dar-es-Salaam Tanzania. “Cybercrime effects on informational security of Kenyan hotels; A Case of Selected Hotels in Nairobi Kenya.” Theme: Tourism and Inclusive Growth in Developing Economies.
- Presented an academic paper “Fraud and Forgery Effects on Performance of Selected Hotels on Nairobi, Sep 2011” at the 7th annual international conference at Moi University. Theme: Knowledge creation & dissemination for the realization of millennium development goals.