Profile & Publications
Areas of Academic interests
- Settlements, urbanization, environmental and development geographies
- PhD (Urban Geography and Planning) – Kenyatta University, 2016
- MA (Settlement Geography) – Kenyatta University, 2000
- BA (Geography and Sociology) – Kenyatta University, 1995
- 2013 Book Chapter 5; Maurice O. J. Omollo on Violence and its Effects on Informal Settlements in Kenya: A Strategy of Subduing the Slum People of Nairobi, Kenya in Politics, Governance and Development in Africa: Retrospection of Fifty Years of Self Rule, Published by Research, the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA), Nairobi, Kenya. ISBN: 978-9966-015-63-1
- 8 June, 2012: Book Chapter; Maurice O.J. Omollo on Substance Use and Prevention among Secondary School Students in Nairobi in Terroirs – Volume 8, Numéro 1-2/2012. Jean-Marc Ela et Séverin Ćécile Abega: Un engagement scientifique. ISBN 9782811106805. Pgs 161-179. Available at http://www.karthala.com/terroirs/2570-terroirs-volume-8-numero-1-2-2012-jean-marc-ela-et-severin-cecile-abega-un-engagement-scientifique-782811106805.htm
- July 2008: Paper; Maurice O.J. Omollo and Prof. L.M. Kisovi on Tapping into attitude changes for sustainable residential waste management in Mombasa municipality in the Chemchemi International Journal of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences of Kenyatta University Vol. 5 Number 1, 2008. ISBN 1563 – 1023. Pgs 124-135
- December 2006: University Module; Maurice O.J. Omollo and Dr. S.K. Wambugu, Geography of Development for the Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University.
- November 2003 to 2005: A report of a research funded by Organisation of Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa on Prevention of Substance Abuse among Secondary School Students in Nairobi, Kenya.