Profile, Publications & Conferences
Area of Specialization
- Specialization: Urban planning, Landscape Architecture
- PhD Research Student (Department of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Nairobi (ongoing)
- M.A. Planning (Department of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Nairobi, (2014-2019)
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (2008-2013)
- Urban and Regional Planning (Biophilic urbanism, Rural urban interface)
- Landscape Architecture
- Sustainable Environment
- Ms. Cecily is a Lecturer at the Department of Urban and Regional Planning. She has an excellent academic record, and experience in the built environment profession. Her research interest revolves around spatial planning towards attaining livable and SMART cities.
- Wanjiku,M.C., D.M.A., & Nyabuti,D.J. (2020). The Quality of An Urban Residential Neighbourhood: A Case Study of Umoja 1 Estate, Nairobi. African journal of Emerging Issues, 2(8), 41-60. Retrieved from https://ajoeijournals.org/sys/index.php/ajoei/article/view/122
- Murage C. (June 2019), The Quality of an urban Residential Neighbourhood; A case of Umoja 1 Estate, Nairobi. Unpublished M.A. Thesis, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- Murage C. (December 2012), Effects of Outdoor Landscape design on Children Living with Disabilities; Dagoretti Children’s Centre. Unpublished BSc. Project, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Other Work Experience
- 2021 to date:- Secretary, Architectural Association of Kenya (A.A.K.) Landscape Architects ‘ Chapter
- 2019- to Date: Part time Tutor, Nairobi Institute of Technology (NIT). Environmental planning and Management, Department of Architecture.
- 2015-2019: Consulting Landscape Architect with Urban Green Landscapes Limited (UGL), Nairobi, Kenya. Involved in Environmental Planning, Site Planning, landscape design and supervision of landscape architectural works.
- 2013-2015: Assistant Landscape Architect with Lariak Landscapes Limited, Westlands, Nairobi.
Conferences and presentations
- 5th-7th October 2011, Exhibitor at the 2nd (International Federation for Landscape Architects (IFLA) Africa Symposium onnLandscape Architecture Education and Practice in Africa., African Institute for Capacity Development (AICAD), Juja
- Achitectural Association of Kenya (AAK), Landscape Architects’ Chapter.(No.4502)
Research Grants/Funding & Awards
- 2022 Ongoing: Research on Nature Based Solutions towards River Regeneration. PROJECT PI: Kounkuey Design Initiative, Friends of City Park and Architectural Association of Kenya. MMU Researcher: Ms., Cecily Murage (Site planning and Design).